Knowing the 12 days of Christmas

Facebook was flooded with 12.12.12 status updates from millions if not billions of its members who used it yesterday. Many wished the day will be good for them and in the days ahead. I, for one, wished that too but never posted anything.
Anyhow, as I was listening to the radio this morning I heard the Christmas song The twelve days of Christmas being played. I have no idea what the meaning behind the song and so I did some digging. I thought you should know that "In England (from 1558 to 1829), it was illegal for Catholics to practice any pieces of their faith in their homes or in public."

"The Twelve Days of Christmas" was written as a "catechism song" to assist young Catholics to learn the tenets of their faith without being obvious to the outside world, that it was of religious roots. It starts on the day Christ was born to the arrival of the wise men."

Quite an info, right? I bet you didn't know that, too.

By the way, if you haven't counted the days yet, there are 12 days left before the big day. With that, My Paradise Philippines wishes everyone an advance merry Christmas and a bountiful New Year. Let's keep the love burning. 
SHARE
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment